Watch UFC 272: Covington vs. Masvidal 3/5/22 – 5th March 2022 Online Full show
Watch Dailymotion 720p
Watch UFC 272: Covington vs. Masvidal Preview
For the first time in over two years, Colby Covington and Jorge Masvidal went head to head. It was at the press conference prior to his fight that will headline the UFC 272 event . Now that the war of words is over, it’s time to set things right in the Octagon.
Covington and Masvidal are set to compete in a bloody welterweight matchup at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. They were teammates on American Top Team , but have been at loggerheads since Covington left with MMA Masters . They both have their reasons for having animosity towards each other. Their rivalry got so bad that they had to be removed from the American Top Team at one point.
Covington made his professional MMA debut in 2012 and joined the UFC in 2014. He is a two-time Pac-10 Conference wrestling champion at the college level in the United States. He defeated Brazilian Rafael dos Anjos for the interim UFC welterweight title in 2018.
He is 2-2 in his last four fights since then. He faced UFC welterweight champion Kamaru Usman for the title twice. He was knocked out by The Monarch at UFC 245 and lost in the rematch at UFC 268 via unanimous decision.
“Honestly, it’s not a different fight in the buildup. A match is a match, ” Covington told The Sporting News. “But it’s definitely one of the most personal rivalries I’ve ever had, probably the biggest the UFC has ever gotten their hands on. We were the best of friends, we were on our corners. The relationship soured when one of the guys, myself, started doing things better than the other.”
“The saying goes that everyone wants to see you do well, but they never want to see you do better than them ,” Covington said.
For his part, Masvidal made his MMA debut in 2003, and made his UFC debut in 2013. The Mami-born Cuban-Peruvian is 12-8 within the company. After beating Nate Diaz for the BMF title in New York in 2019, Masvidal lost to Usman in two UFC welterweight title bouts. The first at UFC 251, it was a last minute deal for Masvidal as a replacement opponent. The second contest was at UFC 261 and Usman knocked him out.
“I can’t respect him in any way, shape or form,” Masvidal told MMA Junkie about Covington. “It’s the same situation as with Ben Askren. I don’t care about Ben Askren. If Askren was in a place and said something to me, we might or might not fight. If he’s not looking for trouble, neither am I. But with Colby, as long as we live, we’ll always have a problem just because he messed with my religion and my kids.”
When is UFC 272: Covington vs. Masvidal? Date and times
- Date: Saturday March 5
- Start time: 5:00 p.m. in CDMX, 8:00 p.m. in Argentina, 00.00. on Sunday in Spain.
- Prelims: 7:00 p.m. in CDMX, 10:00 p.m. in Argentina, 02:00 a.m. on Sunday in Spain.
- Main billboard (PPV): 9:00 p.m. in CDMX, 00:00. Sunday in Argentina, 04:00 a.m. on Sunday in Spain.
- Background combat: 11:15 p.m. in CDMX, 02:15 a.m. Sunday in Argentina, 06:15 a.m. Sunday in Spain, approximately.
How to watch UFC 272: Covington vs. Masvidal?
- Argentina: UFC Fight Pass, Fox Sports (prelims only) and Star + (prelims and main card).
- Mexico: UFC Fight Pass, FOX Sports and Fox Action Premium (stars).
- Spain : Eurosport Player (except the first preliminaries) and UFC Fight Pass.
UFC 272: Covington vs. Masvidal, weigh-in results (weights in pounds)
• Colby Covington (170.5) vs. Jorge Masvidal (170.5)
• Rafael dos Anjos (160) vs. Renato Moicano (160)
• Edson Barboza (145.5) vs. Bryce Mitchell (145.5)
• Kevin Holland (170) vs. Alex Oliveira (170)
• Greg Hardy (266) vs. Sergei Spivak (243.5)
bouts • Jalin Turner (156) vs. Jamie Mullarkey (155.5)
• Marina Rodriguez (116) vs. Yan Xiaonan (116)
• Nicolae Negumereanu (205.5) vs. Kennedy Nzechukwu (206)
• Maryna Moroz (125.5) vs. Mariya Agapova (126)